The first newsletter of the Facilitate AI project
The FACILITATE-AI project’s aim is to support school teachers (the facilitators of learning) in developing an inquiry base and evidence-based understanding of the complexities and principles of AI, the algorithmic creative thinking, and how these can be integrated in the school students’ learning process for promoting creative problem solving.
The objectives of the project (described briefly) are:
- Support school teachers “facilitators for learning” in their understanding of AI use in everyday life;
- Prepare school teachers to develop competence for becoming good facilitators of learning AI to their students, considering applications, strengths, and weaknesses, in line with Digital Competence Framework 2.0 and Digital Education Framework;
- Contribute to the Enhancing of digital skills and competences for the digital transformation, which requires basic digital skills and competences from an early age such as good knowledge
and understanding of data-intensive technologies, such as artificial intelligence;
- Support teachers and students in developing problem solving skills, computational thinking and design thinking involving AI tools and methods. SUPPORT THE NEEDS OF TARGET GROUPS: The main target audience of the project is the teacher group facilitating the learning of students of grades 7-12.
The coming up results are:
- AI Teaching Guide for teachers facilitating the learning of students in grades 7-12
- Training Course for Facilitators of learning in AI-STEAME education
- Dynamic Online Learning Environment with OER on AI in interdisciplinary STEAME school subjected with a set of Blueprint Policy Recommendations
The project consortium had its first physical meeting held in Cyprus on March 10-11, 2022. The partners discussed various matters, like the dissemination and quality assurance strategy of the project. The discussion included plans of action for the project results.
You can read the 1st Newsletter of the Facilitate AI project here.
Also you can click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
More info: Website and Facebook.